What are steps to download and install the software?
1. Go to the NSTRUCT download page
2. Keep already selected components; select instrument package(s) of your interest
3. Save the zip file locally
4. After saving, Unzip the NSTRUCT (This is must.)
5. Run "_NSTRUCTPackageInstaller.EXE"
This will install NSTRUCT, and all selected components.
How to login to NSTRUCT for the first time?
The initial user name is admin" and the password is "welcome". Please create your own user name and password for secure login.
What is path for instruments applet package?
C:\Program Files\Newport\Instrument Manager\NSTRUCT\Instruments for Windows XP
C:\Program Files (x86)\Newport\Instrument Manager\NSTRUCT\Instruments for Windows 7
What is typically included in my instruments applet package folder?
The Applet package typically includes following ready to use components:
- Instrument hardware driver
- LabVIEW library
- software and instrument documentation
- python script
- ready to use instruments software (called as applet)
(For a few instruments LabVIEW library is not included, please refer to their respective product pages)
Where to find instrument specific drivers?
Default path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Newport\Instrument Manager\NSTRUCT\Instruments\YourInstrument\Drivers
How to perform remote control with my instruments?
1. Start NSTRUCT on the lab computer A (where instruments are connected)
2. Start NSTRUCT on your computer B (from where youd like to control)
3. On computer B, Go to Configuration tab.
4. Look for NSTRUCTServerLocation field.
5. Replace the numbers in tcp://10.6.10.9:8989/IPCServer text, by the IP of lab computer B
6. Click Save button on the right bottom corner. Re-launch NSTRUCT.
What to do if Instrument is not discovered automatically once connected to the computer?
Click on Rediscover Instruments icon (lens present on left hand side top)
CONEX Instruments asks for driver installation twice, is it necessary?
Yes, it installs driver in 2 ways.
1. Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT)
2. Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers
(NSTRUCT supplied LabVIEW library uses USB mode)
Can multiple users simultaneously connect to same computer?
Yes. Simultaneous local and remote connection is possible. Up to 100 users can monitor the same lab set up.
Is NSTRUCT 64 bit compatible?
NSTRUCT is compatible with 64 bit Windows 7, 32 bit Windows 7, 64 bit Windows XP, 32 bit Windows XP operating systems.
NSTRUCT runs in 32 bit mode and is compatible with 32 bit applications such as 32 bit LabVIEW, 32 bit C#.NET (and not 64 bit LabVIEW) on all of the above 4 operating systems.
(note:National Instruments Application Software including National Instruments LabVIEW are not officially supported on 64 bit Windows XP. Same compatibility gets passed on to any National Instrument software based NSTRUCT application.)
Please visit LabVIEW Support page for LabVIEW specific questions.