At Newport, we are dedicated to continuously evolving our knowledge and experience in order to deliver innovative products and expertise that advance our customer's technologies.
Newport Corporation (NASDAQ: NEWP) is a leading global supplier of advanced technology products and solutions for Scientific Research, Life & Health Science, Aerospace & Defense, Photovoltaics, Industrial Manufacturing, Semiconductors, and Microelectronics markets. Established in 1969, Newport has over 40 years of industry knowledge and expertise across a broad range of technologies allowing the company to continually deliver innovative products in the areas lasers, photonics instrumentation, sub-micron positioning systems, vibration isolation, optical components and subsystems and precision automation to enhance the capabilities and productivity of its customers' manufacturing, engineering and research applications. In Addition, Newport has built a strong history of partnering with OEM customers delivering solutions from sub assemblies to full solutions including design, testing and manufacturing.
Understanding the specific needs of customers, Newport recognized the need for integrated expertise and solutions. Today, Newport manufactures a vast array of advanced technology products and includes industry leading brands such as Corion®, New Focus™, Oriel® Instruments, Richardson Gratings™ and Spectra-Physics®.
Newport's Spectra-Physics Lasers Division has long been recognized as the laser technology leader - serving customers in over 70 countries around the world. Founded in 1961 and acquired by Newport in 2004, Spectra-Physics offers a broad portfolio of laser technology products and services to original equipment manufacturers and end-user customers across a wide range of markets and applications. Laser and laser-based systems including ultrafast lasers and amplifiers, diode-pumped solid-state lasers, diode lasers, high-energy pulsed lasers, tunable lasers, gas lasers, and fiber lasers and amplifiers.
Newport has a significant worldwide presence, with 11 manufacturing facilities located in the United States, China, France, Germany and the United Kingdom. We proudly serve customers through direct sales offices located in the United States, China, France, Germany, Japan, Taiwan and the United Kingdom, and through a vast network of independent distributors and sales representatives throughout the rest of the world.
Established in 1969 as Newport Research Corporation, Newport first gained recognition in the advanced technology manufacturing and development field for their sophisticated steel-clad, honeycomb core tables designed to isolate laser experiments from vibration. As holography, interferometry and other laser technologies progressed, so did Newport Corporation - expanding its product offerings to meet the evolving needs of scientists and engineers in the field. We have acquired a number of companies, which has led to the expansion of our product offerings, technology base and geographic presence and has allowed us to evolve from a provider of discrete components and instruments primarily for research applications to a company that manufactures both components and integrated systems for both research and commercial applications. Thanks to a steadfast commitment to quality, innovation, hard work and customer care - Newport is trusted the world over as the complete source for all photonics and laser technologies, products and systems.
- 2009 - Newport acquired the New Focus™ business from Oclaro, Inc®. This acquisition expanded Newport's product offerings to include a number of new high-performance products, including opto-electronics, high-resolution actuators, opto-mechanics, tunable lasers, and custom-engineered solutions designed for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- 2004 - Newport acquired Spectra-Physics, Inc. and related photonics companies. This acquisition significantly increased the scope of Newport's expertise and product offerings in the company's target customer end markets, adding to NewportÕs product portfolio solid-state, gas and dye lasers, high-power diode lasers, and ultrafast laser systems, as well as photonics instruments and components, including light sources, monochromators, spectroscopy instrumentation, optical filters, ruled and holographic diffraction gratings and crystals, under the well-known brands of Spectra-Physics, Oriel Instruments, Richardson Gratings, Corion Filters and Hilger Crystals.
- 2002 - Newport Corporation acquires Micro Robotics Systems, Incl, (MRSI) a manufacturer of high-precision, fully-automated assembly and dispensing systems for back-end packaging applications in the semiconductor, microwave communications and fiber optic communications industries. MRSI has significant expertise in the design and manufacture of automated high-precision manufacturing systems. During the past three years, MRSI has focused its development efforts on automated laser-based manufacturing systems, particularly for disk drive and solar panel manufacturing applications.
- 1999 - Newport Corporation purchases the Commercial Optics division of Corning OCA Incorporated to create Newport Precision Optics. Newport Precision Optics has taken Newport Corporation to a new level of design and manufacturing capability with high performance optical elements, optical systems and value added opto-mechanical sub-assemblies.
- 1991 - Newport Corporation purchases the Micro-Positioning Products division of Micro-Controle, in Evry, France - known throughout the world for their remarkable manufacturing and design of ultra-high precision positioning and motion control systems. Newport has since become a global leader in positioning and motion control systems.
By leveraging our expertise and experience, and through strategic acquisition and development, Newport stays at the forefront of technological innovation to continually bring advanced products and solutions to meet our customer's advanced technology needs. Wherever you are on the technology roadmap, Newport can help. For more information, please contact our customer service teams at (800) 222-6440.